(1) Dear Uncle Dixer: I was born in 1979. How many fishes can I keep? Also, what if the number of fish is different for my husband and son as we live together?
Answer: Since keeping the fish is for everyone, it is better to have an auspicious number of fish for the whole family instead of basing it on your own birthday.
I would suggest one black and six goldfish as the best number. If you have a big fish tank then 9 goldfish is also good. But even with a small aquarium, it is still better to have three than just one or two goldfish. You can also have 8 but since you have two men in the house it is better to have a Yang number (i.e. 9) than a yin number (i.e. 8).
(2) Dear Uncle Dixer: We are a family of two with me and my wife. I am born in 1988 and my spouse in 1990. How many fishes should I keep? I currently have two Parrot fish and 5 Oscars. Thanks in advance!
Answer: If you can add one more Parrot fish that would be perfect. Both 3 and 5 are Yang numbers and that is auspicious. Also, the total number of 8 is also a lucky number.
Do remember to retain the same number with replacement if one of them, in either group, happen to die in the future.
(3) Dear Uncle Dixer: We are a family of two with me and my wife. I am born in 1985 and my spouse in 1984. How many fishes should we keep?
Answer: Since your Ming Kua, or Trigrams of Fate, is 6 Metal and your wife is 8 Earth, you can have 8 fish with 6 being gold fishes with some white trimming and the other two with a different color. That would be a harmonious Five Phase combination for you and your wife.
(4) Dear Uncle Dixer: My cousin has a family of five, consisting of him, his wife, son, father, and mother. His was born in 1987, spouse 1989, son 2013, father 1963, and mother 1966. How many fishes should he keep? Currently, he has 5 Parrot fish, 2 Oscar fish, 1 yellow Shivram, and 1 Green Terror. The second fish tank has 2 Flower Horn fish. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Answer: Having a pair of the same kind is considered auspicious. However, 5 is a controlling number, so I would have a combination of 2, 3 and 4 in one tank and the other tank with a pair of Flower Horn is fine. That would fit in with the East Four and the West Four grouping of people living in the same house as well, since 3 and 4 belongs to the East Four and 2 belongs to the West Four group.
(5) Dear Uncle Dixer: I am born in 1981 and I have 3 family members with my mom, me, and my daughter. How many number of fishes can I have and where can I place the fish tank?
Answer: Since your Ming Gua (Trigram of Fate) number is 1 Water and you are living with two females, you should have one black gold fish and 4 colored ones to make a total of 5. Your fish tank should be located to the North of the room,. where you intended to locate the aquarium.
(6) Dear Uncle Dixer: I recently bought a small plastic barrel , which serves as my aquarium right outside the front door. I have 2 gold fishes in it. I can accommodate a few more, but not 9.
We are a family of 5. My husband was born in 1978, me 1985, kids 2007, 2009 and 2017. Is it OK to have 2 fishes? If yes, how many more should I buy? Thank you so much in advance!
Answer: 3 or 5 is better because they are both Yang numbers (the odd numbers are considered Yang and the even numbers Yin in Feng Shui). You can have 1 black and 2 gold, or 2 black and 3 gold to be considered auspicious.
Latest posts by Uncle Dixer (see all)
- The Story of the Feng Shui Amulet: The Rooster King - Tuesday,January 31, 2017