(1) Dear Uncle Dixer: We are moving into a new house and the wall facing the front door is covered with a mirror. We cannot remove it. What can we do to help the Qi move and not bounce back out through the front door? Please and thank you very much!
Answer: Put a potted plant in front that can cover at least half of the surface of the mirror. Make sure that you can look after the plant so the Sheng Qi (Growth Energy) of nature will weaken the potential of leaking Qi from the house.
(2) Dear Uncle Dixer: My main entrance is South facing. Can I place a long mirror from the height of the door till about 2 inches above the ground just adjacent to my main door, on its right side, that is East?
Answer: Yes, you can. As long as the mirror is not directly facing the front door, you are fine.
(3) Dear Uncle Dixer: We bought a house with the front door facing our direction for health. But my husband decided to put our BIG mirror (as big as from the ceiling to the floor) on the wall facing the front door. Is that not good Feng Shui since the front door is our facing and that mirror would push all the luck and heath out?
My mom said you only do that if your house front door is not your facing and that it will push all the bad energy out. But this is our facing and that will push all our good health and luck away? Please help.
Also, we have a BIG fish pond in the backyard that we don’t have any use for, and decided to drain all the water out to demo for a nice sitting area for our backyard. Is leaving the pond empty before we decide to do our backyard not a good Feng Shui? Please help. Thank you!
Answer: I would go along with your concerns. If your husband insists on having a full-height mirror facing the front door, then at least put a half-height dresser in front and put a vase of fresh flowers on top to attract the good Qi to come into the house.
As for the fish tank, why not put some water plants on top to keep the tank full of water for the time being?
Latest posts by Uncle Dixer (see all)
- How to Feng Shui Your Fish Aquarium for Abundance: 5 Factors to Consider - Wednesday,January 31, 2018
- The Story of the Feng Shui Amulet: The Rooster King - Tuesday,January 31, 2017