We welcome guest posts and contributions that share Feng Shui ideas, insights, and experiences!
First, why contribute?
In short, you will gain publicity, because my time can be spent on promoting rather than writing.
- I will promote your guest post on social media.
- I will link to your guest post with my own writing, whether that be on Feng Shui Nexus or on other blog sites or publishers.
- You can link to your site (more on this below).
- You will have an author’s bio to promote yourself.
The basic requirements
- It must be about feng shui. This site is about Feng Shui, so your guest post MUST be Feng Shui related.
- It must be unique. If you’re expressing your own thoughts, experiences, or opinion, I’m sure it’ll be quite unique.
- Be respectful. Do not attack, bad-mouth, or defame others.
- It is NOT pure commercial. Advertorials, press releases, and company/service specific articles are NOT welcomed.
- It must be 700 words. It may contain relevant images (100K or less in size), videos, and outbound links that improve the overall experience and knowledge of our readers.
What should you write about?
Content guidelines for EVERYONE:
- Please include at least one feng shui concept in your guest blog.
- We’d love to hear about your personal experiences. What did you do and how did it work out for you?
- Opinions are awesome. Just remember to be respectful.
Special content guidelines if you’re contributing as a Feng Shui Master, Expert, or Consultant:
- Don’t be too technical. This site is for general readers, not students.
- We’d love to hear about your professional experiences, especially around what you did and how it helped. Success stories are great! People love it. I love it.
- Feel free to express your expert opinion on subjects related to feng shui. Again, please be respectful.
- Try to end your post with a broader feng shui concept. You know feng shui isn’t that simple, and a few feng shui tips wouldn’t cover all the different scenarios people have. Try to expand the mind of the reader by mentioning other feng shui factors that could be at play.
- Feel free to promote yourself by using stories of your experience, just don’t overdo it.
How should you write it?
The preferred writing style:
- Write like you speak. Fourth grade English writing level will do just fine.
- Dissect your post into sections with sub-headings. Please make it easy for readers to skim through the article by dividing your article into digestible chunks using sub-headings.
How should you link?
- Links must fit naturally into your writing. Don’t try to force a link.
- Links must provide value to the reader. This means that the reader can get more information about that subject if they click on the link. This can be other articles, blog posts, research, or data.
- No affiliate links. We check them and will remove them.
- No links to company pages, but links to your blog articles are great. For instance, don’t link to homepage, about us, contact, price, products, social media profile, tags or category pages, etc. These are allowed in your author’s bio.
- Don’t spam links. A link for every 200 words is a good amount.
- We reserve the right to remove any links at our discretion.
How to submit your guest post:
What should you submit?
- The final draft of your writing. Don’t use hyperlinks. Place the links in brackets: [www.link.com] – right next to the underlined text that you wish to insert that link.
- Relevant images in separate files. Do not paste it within the document.
- A proposed headline. Your headline is subject to change.
- A brief bio of yourself. It should only be 4-6 sentences long and around 120 words. Here is where you insert links to your website.
- A photo of yourself. It should be a professional headshot of yourself.
Where should you submit?
- Click here and fill out the form. Then reply to my email with your final draft, relevant images, proposed headline, brief bio of yourself, and a photo of yourself (as instructed above).
To ensure the quality experience of the readers, your writing and headline are subject to edits before publishing.
We will promote your guest post to the readers of Feng Shui Nexus across various channels. We will also guest blog on other websites to promote your guest post.
By submitting to Feng Shui Nexus you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing we deem necessary.